1. Tell us a bit about yourself name, location, affiliations, personal stuff.
I’m from sunny Brisbane in Australia where I live with my two boys – boyfriend and cat!
2. Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I have a full time job that has nothing to do with being creative so when I get home I love to photograph, eat yummy food and spend time with those I love.
3. Please describe your creative process how, when, materials, etc.
With Satmpin Up! products it’s so easy to let my creative ideas flow. Some times I start with a single brad, ribbon or colour and from there all the coordinating products are at my finger tips. I usually craft at night after my day job but if I didn’t have a day job I’d be card making all day long.
4. What led you to start creating your art/craft?
I started card making just over one year ago when I was introduced to ‘Stampin Up!’ products by a my Best Friend. We would have craft evenings that quickly turned into afternoons that turned into full days of card making. Now I craft when ever I get a free second!
Picture of me card
making at my BFF house in the very beginning
5. How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
I’ve tried many mediums to express my creativity, painting, sewing and knitting just to name a few. When I started card making it just felt right like none of the others had.
Pictures of my current craft room
6. What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?
The most enjoyable part of my craft is the thought of the person who is going to receive a beautiful hand made card and treasure it for a long time.
7. If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be and why?
Perhaps photography, I really enjoy it but I haven’t pursued it very far.
8. What handmade possession do you most cherish?
I have a whole big glory box of handmade crochet and sewed items from my Grandmother who passed away nearly 20 years ago. I love looking through the beautiful fabrics, linens and cottons she used, I always admire how perfect she made every single thing she created.
9. List five of your favorite books, movies, songs/musical groups, and web sites besides Etsy.
I’m not a real book person but I’m halfway through Style Statement and I’m enjoying that.
How to loose a guy in 10 days
Ps I love you
(can u tell I’m a hopeless romantic!)
Pretty much anything
web sites besides Etsy.
Blogs – I love reading about other peoples lives and seeing how creative other people are in the world.
11. How do you organize your business? Such as finances, keeping track of supplies and marketing etc?
I don’t!!! I know I’m really bad and I should but because it is more of a hobby for me I don’t keep track of that stuff.
12. How well is your shop doing? How long has it been open? Number of sales? Number of visits?
How long has it been open? August 2009
Number of sales? 7
13. What do you think you’re doing right for getting the sales you have? Or what tips do you have for other Etsy sellers?
Oh this is a tough one! I really think promoting in the forums is a big help but It’s not all you need to do. Handing out business cards and maintaining a blog also help out. But I’m not the perfect example for this!
15. In ten years I’d like to be…
Doing something more creative as my fulltime job wether that is card making or something else I’m not sure yet
16. Where else on the net can we find you and your goods? Twitter, blog, Flikr account, any others?