1. Tell us a bit about yourself name, location, affiliations, personal stuff.
My name is Amanda Breymaier and I live just north of Seattle in a city called Mountlake Terrace, WA. I have a 2 year old daughter named Ella. I am a single mom and trying to make enough money to stay in my house!
2. Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I have a great job working in Environmental Health – I do school playground safety inspections and make sure pools are safe to swim in among other things!
3. Please describe your creative process how, when, materials, etc.
Well, because I do vintage it is not really creative process – it is a hunt. I am always out and about looking for vintage treasures, the weirder the better.
4. What led you to start creating your art/craft?
My mother www.abettertime.etsy.com has been dealing antiques for years. I grew up looking for treasures with her. I found my niche in vintage clothes.
5. How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
I love clothes. Hehehe
6. What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?
I enjoy finding amazing dresses, tutus, awesome vintage tshirts… The ones that dont fit me i pass on!
7. If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your “creativity”, what would that be and why?
I love the work my sister does.. www.whichgoose.etsy.com Something along those lines would be fun to do but I have no patience for that! She is an amazing artist.
8. What handmade possession do you most cherish?
Well – how about vintage… My vintage sea otter tshirt is my favorite. An I own a couple awesome Grateful Dead tye dyes from the 70s that i treasure.
9. List five of your favorite books, movies, songs/musical groups, and web sites besides Etsy.
Book- ? no time to read.
Movie – Dora the Explorer. Makes my 2 year old daughter Ella so happy! She loves Boots.
Music – Hip hop, bluegrass, jazz, jam bands, JOAN BAEZ, Joni Mitchell… I like alot of different things!
10. What are your favorite features on Etsy? What new features would you like to see?
I love the Keeping it Weird on the Storque blog!!!
11. How do you organize your business? Such as finances, keeping track of supplies and marketing etc?
I have an excel spreadsheet where I record my expenses, profits etc. I am just starting out in 2010. We’ll see how it goes!
12. How well is your shop doing? How long has it been open? Number of sales? Number of visits?
Shop is doing pretty good! 179 sales in 4 months! 38715 views according to craftcult.
13. What do you think you’re doing right for getting the sales you have? Or what tips do you have for other Etsy sellers?
I have interesting things and I list daily. I need a dress form – getting one on Sunday!
14. How do you promote your work, on and off-line?
I hang out in the forums and chat pretty often. Got business cards made up – but have only giving out one so far. I need to get on that.
15. In ten years I’d like to be…
Have my own vintage shop in Seattle!!!!
16. Where else on the net can we find you and your goods? Twitter, blog, Flikr account, any others?